Our services are usually an allowed expense for medical savings accounts and flexible spending accounts.
- Sinus trouble
- Pre-Surgery preparation. Great for reducing any pre-surgery edema.
- Post-Surgery recovery. MLD can speed the recovery process from a number of surgeries including: Liposuction, BBL, Tummy Tucks, and orthopedic surgeries such as hip/knee/shoulder replacements.
- Sports Injuries
- Migraine Headaches
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Swelling due to surgeries and/or burns, including lymph node removal, radiation, chemotherapy
- Skin disorders including eczema
- Lymphatic Lift or Detox
- Any primary and/or secondary Lymphedema-related issue
- Anyone looking for an alternative to lipsuction
Areas affected by lymphedema may be very thick and heavy feeling. Treatment is necessary to move the fluid and excess protein out of the area. Without proper treatment, over time, the lymphatic vessels stretch out permanently. At this stage, clients need external compression and treatment for the rest of their lives to maintain proper pressure, and to maintain movement of fluid. The stage or severity of the lymphedema dictates what treatment is required.
Secondary lymphedema is caused after lymph vessels are destroyed or lymph nodes are removed. This form of lymphedema occurs for a variety of reasons: oncology care (including radiation, chemotherapy, and/or surgery), tumors, infection, compromise of the vascular system, burns, liposuction and general trauma.
Lymphedema does not necessarily develop right after surgery. It can develop decades later!
- it can be inherited;
- it occurs almost exclusively in women;
- it can occur in women of all sizes, from the seriously underweight to the morbidly obese;
- it involves the excess deposit and expansion of fat cells in an unusual and particular pattern – bilateral, symmetrical and usually from the waist to a distinct line just above the ankles; and
- unlike the “normal” fat of obesity, lipedemic fat cannot be lost through diet and exercise.
For this description, we would like to acknowledge Dr. Catherine Seo. Links to her brilliant and dedicated work on Lipedema will follow below.
Lipedema is an often undiagnosed, poorly understood disease that affects roughly 17 million American women. It is a painful fat disorder that, if left undiagnosed, can lead to immobility. Thankfully, because of the work of Dr. Catherine Seo, and others, Lipedema is starting to be recognized as a disease with debilitating side effects. Lipedema responds to the same Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) aka CDP (Complete Decongestive Physiotherapy) as Lymphedema.
We require all clients to self-pay for services received even when such has been prescribed by their healthcare provider. We will provide an invoice on company letter head which lists the services that were provided during your appointment, if you request one. You can submit this invoice directly to your insurance company, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) provider, or Health Spending Account (HSA) provider, or Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for reimbursement. For lymphedema management, appropriate insurance codes can be supplied.
To expedite your checkout please ask for this when you call to schedule your appointment or as soon as you arrive at our office for service.